Vetaffairs — Vol 39 No.2 August 2023
Welcome to the August 2023 issue of Vetaffairs. You can enjoy it in various forms, as:
You can also subscribe to the electronic version of Vetaffairs and DVA e-news (for updates from DVA every two months).
Email vetaffairs [at] dva.gov.au to stop receiving the printed Vetaffairs, or to receive the audio version on CD.
The magazine flipbook above has various useful features:
- To open full screen, select the ⛶ icon in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Search for content using the magnifying glass icon.
- Zoom in and out using the slider, or your CTRL button and mouse.
You can download a PDF of this edition (6 MB).
You may find the PDF’s zoom functionality easier than that of the flipbook. Again, use your CTRL button and mouse.
Audio file (MP3)
Listen to the audio version of the August edition (MP3 96 MB), noting the large file size.
Web text (HTML)
The content below is largely identical to that in the versions above. However, some articles are longer.
- Australia honours Vietnam veterans
- Darwin Veterans’ and Families’ Hub opens
- From the Department
- From the Minister
- From the Assistant Minister
- Letter to the editor
- Free flood cover for veterans and ADF members
- Annual increase to travel allowances
- More NSW veterans receiving automatic rego renewals
- The Defence Honours and Awards Appeals Tribunal
- Energy rebate to provide bill relief
- Modernising DVA – MyService changes
- Forums inform DVA policy
- Budget 2023-24
- Advocate to help a mate
Health and Wellbeing
- High blood pressure in veterans
- Team Australia heads to Invictus Games
- Is anger thwarting your life goals?
- Veterans’ MATES – an evidence-based program that’s saving lives
- Supporting veterans with chronic health conditions
- Vietnam Veterans celebrated with Open Arms 40th Anniversary
- Do you have diabetes? DVA can help
- Get involved in Veterans’ Health Week
- September signals Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
- Enhancing wellbeing and inclusiveness through transport assistance
- WA Premier’s Anzac Student Tour Awards
- A call to war widows in Melbourne
- War Widows Day recognised in WA
- SA war widows honoured with day of commemoration
- 28th Field of Remembrance dedication ceremony and Anzac Day Service
- Former sailor gets hands dirty in post-disaster ops
- Friendships for life forged on the RSL Remembrance Ride
- Supporting the work of Keith Payne VC AM.
- Remembering the sinking of the AHS Centaur
- 70 years on from the Korean War
- Significant commemorations
- The pivotal Battle of the Bismarck Sea
- Marking the 80th anniversary of the Dambusters Raid
- Preserving our stories from the Western Front
Australian War Memorial