Changes to the Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP) schedule, guidelines and forms
On 1 November 2021, the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) updated its Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP) schedule, National Guidelines and forms, to better reflect our new Mobility and Functional Support (MFS) contractual arrangements, and make it clearer and easier for prescribers to arrange RAP products and services for veterans and their families.
The changes are as follows:
DVA’s RAP National Schedule of Equipment (RAP schedule) has been updated to better represent the range of products covered. Some categories have been renamed, others have been combined and some have been removed. There are also some new categories.
The following RAP National Guidelines have been updated:
- Complex home modifications — now includes lifts and specific information to assist you as prescribers to understand criteria and aspects of home modifications.
- Electric mobility aids — for electric wheelchairs and scooters.
- Driving Assessments and vehicle modifications.
The following RAP forms have been updated to reflect new processes with the new contracts:
- D1327 — Complex home / access modifications assessment form
- D1323 — Authority to install / modify — Home / access modifications
- D9300 — Electric mobility aids — Part 1 — Medical assessment by GP
- D1325 — Electric mobility aids — Part 2 — Assessment by OT
- D9379 — Electric mobility aids — Part 3 — Trial
- D9160 — Request for trial equipment (exercise bike and knee scooter)
- D9381 — Authority to install / modify — Vehicle modifications
See our DVA provider news articles for more information on DVA’s new mobility and functional support contract arrangements and resulting changes to our home modification processes
If you have any queries regarding the new contracts or changes to RAP arrangements, please email rapgeneralenquiries [at] dva.gov.au