Claiming for travel expenses on MyService is easy

If you’ve travelled for medical treatment that’s been approved by DVA, you may be able to claim a reimbursement for that travel. This reimbursement applies to the use of private vehicles, public transport, flights, accommodation, parking, road tolls and other expenses.

But first you’ll need to submit a claim. The easiest way to do that is via DVA’s online portal, MyService.

We recommend that you watch the following video that walks you through the process:

It explains that you need to sign in to myGov to access your MyService account. You’ll need to provide expense details for each appointment, and you can submit up to 50 expenses in one claim.

You’ll also need to provide details such as:

  • the purpose of your trip
  • the conditions being treated/assessed
  • the appointment date and time
  • the provider or hospital
  • the mode of travel (and the kilometres if you used a private vehicle)
  • whether DVA arranged/paid for the travel
  • whether you travelled with a medically required attendant.

Once it’s approved, we’ll pay the claim as quickly as possible.

If you’re unable to use MyService, you can complete a form, which you’ll find on the Claim for travelling expenses page of the DVA website.

Check out the DVA TV YouTube page for more videos on how to access DVA services.