Coordinated Veterans’ Care Program participant survey – what you need to know
Every two years a survey is sent to the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Coordinated Veterans’ Care (CVC) Program participants.
Participants are asked to provide information on their experiences and views about the CVC Program, which is used to help shape future program improvements and efficiencies.
The next CVC Program participant survey is planned to commence in late August.
Veteran patients enrolled in the CVC Program may ask you about their participation in the survey.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Roy Morgan Research, on behalf of DVA is conducting the survey.
- The survey will be sent to current participants of the CVC Program progressively from late August 2023.
- CVC participants who have opted out of receiving marketing communications will not be invited to complete the survey.
- Participants will be given the option to complete the survey online or by paper (returned by mail).
- All survey responses (online and paper) will be returned directly to Roy Morgan.
- Practice or healthcare provider particulars such as names are not requested in the survey and if included, will be deleted by Roy Morgan Research.
- Completion of the survey is completely voluntary and participant confidentiality will be maintained at all times.
- If you are approached by veterans who have concerns they can be reassured their privacy is our priority and any services they receive will not be affected as a result of their responses.
- Enquiries about the survey should be escalated to DVA by emailing cvcprogram [at] dva.gov.au