Qualifying service claim

Form ID

Use this form to determine if you have qualifying service, if you are:

  • a serving or former member of the Australian Defence Force
  • a person regarded as performing continuous full-time service as if they were a member of the Australian armed forces. For example: 
    • a person from a philanthropic organisation
    • a Commonwealth employee attached to the Australian forces
  • a person on a special mission 
  • an eligible civilian.

You can have your qualifying service determined at any time, even if you’re not immediately applying for related benefits such as a service pension.

If you served during the Second World War you must also complete: Qualifying Service Details – Service during World War II (D0506A)

If you are using an Apple computer and want to fill out your form electronically, please download the form and open it with Acrobat 7 or later.

How can I access this form?
Form (PDF or Word)