Diabetes services and support
Find out about services and supports to help you manage your diabetes.
What you can access
Depending on your eligibility, you may be able to access some or all of the following services:
- Diabetes educator services
Make an appointment with a diabetes educator to learn how to manage your diabetes and get support to access the health services you need.
- Coordinated Veterans’ Care (CVC)
Develop a personalised care plan with a GP and care coordinator to better manage your diabetes and improve your quality of life.
- Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP)
Get your diabetes products delivered to your home through RAP.
- National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS)
Access subsidised diabetes products and get advice and support to live well with diabetes.
- Repatriation Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (RPBS)
Obtain your diabetes medicine and wound care items at a concession rate.
- Open Arms – Veterans & Families Counselling
Call 1800 011 046 for free, confidential counselling and group programs to support mental health and wellbeing.
- Diabetes organisation membership
Seek reimbursement of your membership at your local diabetes organisation.