Social Media Acceptable Use Policy
The following user policy is in addition to any user policy or terms and conditions imposed by the social media host (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube).
This is an open forum and we ask that you follow our posting guidelines. By interacting with the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) social media accounts you have agreed to the guidelines below:
- Do not publish anything that could offend, humiliate or intimidate another person, or has the potential to affect national security, DVA or the Australian Government.
- This is an apolitical site and, as such, posts that are political in content and/or nature may be removed.
- While this is an open forum, it's also a family-friendly one, so please keep your comments polite. Racist comments, obscene or explicit comments are not allowed. Comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to defame any person or organisation will be removed.
- Solicitations or advertisements, including promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-government agency, will be removed.
- Links to non-government websites, other Facebook groups or inappropriate posts will be removed at the discretion of the Department.
- If you regularly and intentionally spread misinformation on this page (regarding any matter) you may be blocked from posting on this page.
- If you provide incorrect or misleading advice to other users relating to Department of Veterans' Affairs matters or services (e.g. entitlements, eligibility or DVA support services) your post may be removed and you may be blocked from posting on this page.
- The appearance of external links, including advertisements, does not constitute official endorsement by DVA.
- You take personal responsibility for the comments made under your user name.
Users who persist in breaching this Acceptable Use Policy may be banned.
In addition to these requirements, our social media is governed by the user policy or terms and conditions imposed by the social media host, including:
DVA accepts no legal liability whatsoever arising from, or connected to: the publication of any content; the failure to moderate any content (whether due to technical error or otherwise); or the use of, or reliance on, any content by a user.
DVA records any information posted to our social media and uses that information for the purpose of administering its social media and considering and/or addressing any comments made.
No attempt will be made to identify individuals except where required or authorised by law, including the Privacy Act 1988. DVA is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram, or any linked websites.