The Community Support Team
The Community Support Team sits within the Mental and Social Health Programs Branch. The team provides support to ex-service organisations (ESOs) and other veteran support groups across Australia and are located in all states and territories.
On this page
The Community Support Advisers provide a range of outreach services, including;
- Information sessions about DVA’s services and programs.
- Attendance at ESO meetings, round tables and committees.
- Representation on networks and interagency meetings.
- Support for events, such as expos, welcome and family days and health promotion events.
- Signposting and referral to local Health & Wellbeing supports and opportunities.
- Assisting with creating opportunities for engagement.
Contact your local CSA team for more information.
Veterans' Health Week
Veterans’ Health Week is an annual program for ESOs and veteran support organisations. It provides support and funding to run local events that maintain and improve the health of the veteran community.
Your state CSA team can assist with information, help create partnerships, event planning and support with the application process. See the Veterans' Health Week page for more information.Back to top
Health and Wellbeing Funding
This program provides seed funding of up to $2,000 for ESOs and community organisations to create self-sustaining events, programs and opportunities for veterans and their families to improve their health and wellbeing. Previously funded programs include:
- Physical activity programs, such as yoga, surfing, lawn bowls, sailing, walking groups and team sports.
- Skills exploration sessions, such as art courses, music programs, singing groups and drama workshops.
- Equipment for ongoing events, such as marquees, BBQs, musical instruments and safety equipment.
If you have an idea for a health and wellbeing event, program or project for your local veteran community, contact your local CSA team to discuss.Back to top
Men’s Health Peer Education
This program trains veterans to encourage their local communities to enhance their health and wellness. It encourages veterans to take a more active role in their health management.
If you are interested in becoming or connecting with an MHPE volunteer, please see the MHPE page for more information or contact your local CSA team.Back to top
Volunteer and ESO Support
Community Support Advisers work locally with ex-service, community and veteran support organisations to provide an individual support service to help ESOs with:
- information about volunteer management
- wayfinding of DVA services and supports.
- Community Engagement workshops with organisations in your local area, to explore building partnerships to better serve your local veteran community.
- Assistance with creating opportunities for engagement.
Contact your local team for more information.Back to top
You can contact the Community Support Team in your state or territory.
|State or territory
|ACT & NSW
|CSA.NSW.ACT [at] dva.gov.au
|CSA.NT [at] dva.gov.au
|CSA.QLD [at] dva.gov.au
|CSA.SA [at] dva.gov.au
|CSA.TAS [at] dva.gov.au
|CSA.VIC [at] dva.gov.au
|CSA.WA [at] dva.gov.au
You can also:
- call 1800 VETERAN (1800 838 372) and ask for the Community Support Adviser in your state or territory
- email CommunitySupport [at] dva.gov.au for a national query.