How we can compensate your ill health

Last updated:

Members of the Defence Force are entitled to compensation for illness or injury resulting from their service.

If you have suffered ill-health as a result of your service, including your F-111 work involving fuel tank entry between 1973 and 2000, you may be eligible to receive compensation and health-care for conditions arising from this service.

If you wish to claim compensation for health conditions relating to your F-111 service, you should first of all apply to have your Tier classification determined.

If it is determined that you are Tier 1, 2 or 3, you will then be invited to submit a claim for compensation under ss7(2) of the SRCA, and to register with the SHOAMP Health Care Scheme.

If it is determined that you are not Tier 1, 2 or 3 you may still claim compensation through the usual VEA or SRCA claims process.

Note a compensation claim can be lodged at any time, but lodging a Tier application first is the most efficient way for the department to assess your eligibility.

Can I get help filling out my Tier classification application form?

Which Act am I covered by?


F-111 in a hangar at dusk

Was this page useful?
Please tell us why you selected 'Yes'?
Please tell us why you selected 'No'?