List of nominal rolls
Back to top
Nominal rolls we publish
The Department of Veterans’ Affairs publishes nominal rolls covering conflicts in which Australia has participated since Federation. These nominal rolls list members of Australia’s defence forces who served during a particular conflict.
To-date, the following nominal rolls can be accessed via the Internet.
- Nominal Rolls Web Portal (BETA)
Presents a consolidated view of the existing World War Two (WW2), Korean War and Vietnam War Nominal Rolls and also provides a link to the Gulf War Nominal Roll. The website includes tabs for each conflict as follows:
- WW2 Nominal Roll honours and commemorates over one million people who served in Australia’s Defence Forces or the Merchant Navy during the period 3 September 1939 to 2 September 1945.
- Korean War Nominal Roll honours and commemorates over 18,000 people who served in Australia’s Defence Forces during the period 27 June 1950 to 19 April 1956 either in Korea, or the waters adjacent to it.
- Vietnam Veterans Nominal Roll honours and commemorates approximately 61,000 people who served in Australia’s Defence Forces during the period 23 May 1962 to 29 April 1975 either in Vietnam, or the water adjacent to it.
- Preliminary Gulf War Nominal Roll lists Australian Defence Force Personnel involved in the hostilities and associated operations in the Persian Gulf from August 1990 to September 1991.
Other related sites:
- The Australian War Memorial (AWM) provides the ability to search for:
- The AIF Project provides details of the 330,000 men and women who served overseas in the (First) Imperial Force.
- The National Archives of Australia (NAA) provides the ability to search digital copies of the service records of may Australians who served in the First and Second World Wars.
- The NAA and New Zealand Archives have joined together through Discovering the Anzacs, to present a diverse selection of government records about Australians and New Zealanders in WW1 and the Boer War.