The Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) provides information and support to providers of health and support services for current and former serving members and their families and carers. This section provides information to assist service providers from a range of disciplines to manage the health of those they care for in a coordinated way which achieves positive outcomes.
Follow the page links to access more comprehensive information or browse our resources, publications, links and factsheets.
- Allied health professionals
- Becoming a DVA Service Provider
- Community nursing
- DVA health cards
- Fee schedules
- How to claim
- DVA Provider News
- Notes for providers
- Online Training and Mental Health Resources
- Provider Programmes
- RAC Terms of Reference
- Rehabilitation service providers
If you have any ideas or suggestions how we could improve the service provider site please email us: email@example.com
Health Provider Factsheets
- HIP01 How to become a DVA health provider (HTML)
HIP01 How to become a DVA health provider (PDF 21 KB)
- HIP06 Information for Community Nursing providers (HTML)
HIP06 Information for Community Nursing providers (PDF 132 KB)
- HIP40 Providers - Hospital Admission and Discharge (HTML)
HIP40 Providers - Hospital Admission and Discharge (PDF 22 KB)
- HIP72 Providers - Rehabilitation Appliance Program (HTML)
HIP72 Providers - Rehabilitation Appliance Program (PDF 23 KB)
- HIP80 Transport information for health providers (HTML)
HIP80 Transport information for health providers (PDF 33 KB)
- HIP90 Optical Coherence Tomography (HTML)
HIP90 Optical Coherence Tomography (PDF 22 KB).
Publications - health
- Veteran’s and Veteran’s Families Counselling Flyer
- Men’s Health Peer Education Magazine
- Strongyloides information booklet
- Guide to motorised scooter safety
- 'Choose Health: Be Active' booklet
Veteran health resources
- At Ease is a DVA resource designed to assist veterans to manage mental health; includes provider training resources.
- Wellbeing toolbox is a DVA resource which allows veterans to complete a general health assessment.
- Veteran’s Medicines Advice and Therapeutics Education Service provides information about managing medicine use in the veteran community
- My Health Record is a digital summary of key health information that, with your veteran’s consent, can be shared with participating healthcare providers. More information is available on the My Health Record website and in the Minister for Health’s press release.
Health and ageing
- Keeping you SAFE in the rider's seat
This booklet provides important safety advice and information about the purchase, operation and maintenance of a motorised scooter.
- Alzheimer's Australia website. Information for people with dementia, their families and carers.
- Planning Ahead Kit
Information to help veterans and their families prepare for bereavement.
- Back to Basics
Handy hints for carers to help prevent back injury.
- Carers booklet
A booklet developed to assist carers – providing information about specific services through DVA and within the community.
Health-related useful links
- Anzac Research Institute
- Exercise & Sports Science Australia (ESSA)
- Australian Caption Centre
- Australian Centre for Posttraumatic Mental Health
- Australian Dental Association
- Australian Private Hospitals Association
- Australian Society of Anaesthetists
- Black Dog Institute
- Centre for Rural & Remote Mental Health
- Grieflink (NALAG South Austrlia Inc.)
- Health Communication Network (HCN)
- International Pharmaceutical Federation
- Lions Australian prostate cancer website
- Optometrists Association Australia
- Pharmacy Guild of Australia
- Pharmacy Net
- Pharmaceutical Society of Australia
- Quality Use of Medicines
- Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia
- Victorian Pharmacy Authority