Your personal information is protected by law, including the Privacy Act 1988, and is collected by the Australian Government Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) for employment related activities. This information is required under the Public Service Act 1999 and Workplace Health and Safety Act 2011 to perform employment and payroll functions. If DVA does not collect personal information from you we may not be able to perform these functions.
For these purposes, your information may be used by DVA, collected from or provided to the following parties:
- the Australian Taxation Office;
- superannuation funds including Comsuper;
- the Australian Public Service Commission;
- the Office of the Merit Protection Commissioner for reviews;
- other Commonwealth agencies for employment related purposes;
- your nominated representatives, authorised agent or referee;
- agents, contractors or service providers engaged by DVA to carry out or assist its functions and activities (such as mailing houses); and
- medical, allied health and rehabilitation providers.
DVA is not likely to disclose personal information collected to overseas recipients.