The Australian Memorial is situated outside the main entrance to the Jerusalem War Cemetery.1 It was erected by Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) for the Australian Government in 1935. The memorial consists of a stone pylon 10'6" long by 7' high built into a semi-circular wall, with a paved feature 27' in radius.
The inscription on the memorial reads:
'1915 - 1918
TO THE GLORY OF GOD
and in memory of the part played by the
AUSTRALIAN IMPERIAL FORCE
in Sinai Palestine and Syria.
This memorial has been erected by
THE COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA.'