The Australian Memorial is situated outside the main entrance to the Jerusalem War Cemetery.1 It was erected by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) on behalf of the Australian Government in 1935. The memorial consists of a stone pylon 10'6" long by 7' high built into a semi-circular wall, with a paved feature 27' in radius.
The inscription on the memorial reads:
'1915 - 1918
TO THE GLORY OF GOD
and in memory of the part played by the
AUSTRALIAN IMPERIAL FORCE
in Sinai Palestine and Syria.
This memorial has been erected by
THE COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA.'
The Department of Veterans’ Affairs is responsible for official Australian memorials overseas. While there may be a number of other commemorative sites, memorials or plaques, the Department does not maintain records for privately built and funded memorials and commemorative plaques.
For additional information on Commonwealth War Graves Commission cemeteries, including the Jerusalem War Cemetery, please visit: Find War Memorials & War Cemeteries | CWGC
1.Note that the Australian Memorial is a separate memorial to the Jerusalem Memorial to the Missing within the Jerusalem War Cemetery.