New mobility and functionality support and home modification contracts and arrangements
On 1 November 2021, DVA’s Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP) commenced new contracts for mobility and functional support (MFS) and home modification products and services.
The MFS suppliers, listed below, have new contracts in place and will continue to provide national access to these products:
- Allianz Global Assistance
- The Country Care Group.
Contact details for MFS suppliers can be found on the DVA website.
The range of MFS products haven’t changed
The range of products covered by these new contract arrangements will continue to include the usual walking frames, wheelchairs and non-complex home modifications. Additionally, complex home modifications will also be included, such as, stair lifts, bathroom and other room modifications.
There are Transition, and new ongoing, Home Modification work arrangements
DVA has in place transition arrangements for Complex Home modifications as follows:
- All work currently approved and in-progress prior to 1 November 2021 can continue as normal through to completion.
- All post modification forms for these works need to be sent through to DVA as soon as possible.
Ongoing arrangements from 1 November 2021:
- The contracted MFS suppliers have engaged sub-contractors in each state and territory to undertake the modifications.
- All home modifications will now be undertaken by the four suppliers and their sub-contractors.
- DVA will no longer be engaging and paying builders directly to carry out home modifications for veterans.
- Prescribing OTs will no longer obtain any quotes from builders to do the works.
- OTs who currently work with a builder, and wish to continue to do so, will need to speak with the contracted MFS suppliers to discuss if they would sub-contract with the OTs preferred builder. OTs will only be able to continue working under DVA arrangements with builders who are sub-contractors of the contracted MFS suppliers.
- The contracted MFS suppliers will only be sub-contracting to registered builders who understand and comply with all of the relevant local, state and territory regulations and building standards.
Changes to DVA’s RAP schedule, guidelines and forms and our home modification prior approval process resulting from the new contracts will be covered in separate DVA provider news articles
If you have any queries regarding the new contracts or changes to RAP arrangements, please email rapgeneralenquiries [at] dva.gov.au