Veterans' MATES is the Veterans' Medicines Advice and Therapeutics Education Services program. It aims to improve the use of medicines and related health services in the veteran community.
On this page
About the Veterans' MATES program
The program provides information and resources to:
- health professionals
- our clients (including veterans and their dependants)
With this information, health professionals work with our clients to:
- manage their medical conditions
- use and take their medicines appropriately
- access suitable health services
The program uses our administrative claims data to identify:
- the most common medication-related problems
- our clients who may be at risk of developing these problems
Each year Veterans’ MATES focuses on 4 topics. A range of health conditions and medicines have already been covered, including:
- wound care
You can access previous modules on the Veterans' MATES website.
The program has focused on:
- increasing use of under-used medicines
- reducing adverse medicine events
- reducing use of unnecessary medicines
- improving the utilisation of health services
Veterans' MATES professional development program
Veterans’ MATES is an accredited continuing professional development (CPD) learning activity for:
- participating pharmacists
- participating GPs
You can find more information on the Continued Professional Development page of the Veterans' MATES website.Back to top
Veterans' MATES enquiries
For information about the program you can contact 1800 VETERAN (1800 838 372).Back to top
Your feedback helps us deliver quality service to veterans and families. Read more about complaints, compliments and other feedback.
Other health bodies can also benefit from your input. For feedback about:
- medicine quality or safety, contact the Therapeutic Goods Administration
- pharmacists, contact the AHPRA Pharmacy Board
- other health professionals, contact AHPRA.