Vetaffairs — Vol 38 No.1 April 2022
Welcome to the April 2022 issue of Vetaffairs. You can enjoy it in various forms, as:
Email vetaffairs [at] dva.gov.au to stop receiving the printed Vetaffairs, or to receive the audio version on CD.
The above has various useful features:
- to open full screen, select the ⛶ icon in the bottom right-hand corner.
- search for content using the magnifying glass icon,
- zoom in and out using the slider, or your CTRL button and mouse.
You may find the PDF’s zoom functionality easier than that of the flipbook. Again, use your CTRL button and mouse.
Audio file (MP3)
Listen to the audio version of the April edition of (MP3 88.0 MB), noting the large file size.
Web text (HTML)
The content below is largely identical to that in the versions above. However, some articles are longer.
- Serving and ex-serving personnel help with flood relief
- Federal Budget and the veteran community
- News from the Department
- Letters to the Editor
- Free rapid antigen tests for veterans
- Royal Commission into Defence and Veteran Suicide continues in 2022
- Construction begins on Nowra Veteran Wellbeing Centre
- DVA services following east coast flooding
- Pensions and allowances rise
Health and Wellbeing
- COVID’s impact on RSL fundraising
- Mates4Mates encourages social connection
- Become a Legatee
- Join the Australian Army for ‘Run Army 22’ this April
- Professional coaching program for transitioning Clearance Divers
- Invictus Games 2022 – harnessing the power of sport
- Disaster Relief Australia
- Finding the strength to overcome the challenges of transition
- Our Veterans – Gordon Webb
- Our Veterans – Bill Sandstrom
- Continuing to serve: Launch of the APS Veteran Employment Pathway
- Get involved with DVA’s Support for Employment program
- Army wives find flexibility by starting their own businesses
- Research shows how mental health training may help families
- Take part in our veterans’ families study
- The future of Open Arms – Veterans & Families Counselling
- Family visits DVA meeting room named in their father’s honour
- 105 years of veterans' support and commemoration
- Arrangements for Anzac Day 2022
- France honours DVA staff member
- 80 years since Australia’s involvement in the Pacific War
- Bombing of Darwin Day – 80 years since Australian came under attack