RSL Queensland — services helping veterans
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with the Defence family for more than 100 years. As Queensland’s largest ex-service organisation, we support veterans and their families in every corner of the state and our commitment to ensuring the bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans is more important than ever.
We are with you every step of the way
Life always has its ups and downs. But as a veteran or the partner of a veteran, you don’t have to face them on your own. Whether it’s employment, education, DVA claims or crisis support — RSL Queensland has programs and people at the ready to help you achieve your life goals.
We offer free support and assistance with:
- DVA claims — If you’re injured in Defence, you don’t have to navigate DVA claims alone. Let our dedicated team guide you through the process to help you achieve the best outcome.
- Employment — Our team works alongside veterans and the partners of current and ex-serving members to determine how best to support their search for meaningful employment. This may include career counselling, training, interview coaching, connections to employers and more.
- Scholarships — Higher education opens the door to a range of opportunities, improving your employability and giving you a renewed sense of purpose. Scholarships are available for tertiary study or vocational training for ex-service people, current and ex-Defence partners and veterans’ children.
- Crisis support and homelessness — Sometimes an ex-Defence member may find themselves in financial distress or without safe, stable housing. In these situations, our team can help get you back on your feet.
- Wellness programs — We partner with several other organisations to offer a wide range of programs to improve the wellbeing of the Defence community and encourage social connection.
Learn more at the RSL Queensland website.