The opening of these offices — two relocations to larger premises, and two new sites, allows Open Arms to future-proof the lifetime support that is available to veterans and their families.
Now with more than 30 office locations and more than 1,300 community-based mental health providers, Open Arms can provide high quality, free and confidential counselling and support services to more Australian veterans and their families.
As with many members of the broader community, Open Arms’ clients experience challenges such as depression, anxiety, relationship concerns and parenting and family issues. The difference with Open Arms is that staff members have specialist training in the military experience.
Open Arms services include:
- 24/7 counselling support through a dedicated support line — 1800 011 046
- Face-to-face and video counselling for individuals, couples and families
- Care coordination for clients with multiple and/or complex needs
- Peer support and veteran community engagement by those with lived experience of Defence service and mental health recovery, as either a veteran or family member
- Online and face-to-face group treatment programs to develop skills and enhance support for individuals and couples
- Suicide prevention and intervention workshops and online training • Mental health training programs
- Crisis accommodation support
- Referrals to other services or specialist treatment programs, as needed
- Information, education and self-help resources on the Open Arms website.
- If you or someone you know wants someone to talk to, even just for a chat, Open Arms is available 24/7 by calling 1800 011 046 1800 011 046. The service is free and confidential, and there is always a team member who understands the military experience available to answer your call.
And for those who have concerns about anonymity, Open Arms also hosts an anonymous 24/7 support line — Safe Zone Support — which was created to help vulnerable cohorts of veterans and their families who might not otherwise seek mental health care — including those in the Special Forces. Calls to 1800 142 072 are answered 24/7, and are not recorded. For more Information visit the Open Arms website.
Founded by Vietnam veterans, now for all veterans and families.