Additional Economic Support Payments
The one-off payments of $250 each will be automatically paid to around 5 million eligible Australians from 30 November 2020 and from 1 March 2021. The payments are to assist with essential living expenses during this uncertain time.
These payments will be made automatically to the nominated bank account of eligible veterans and their families.
DVA eligible veterans and their families are those who reside in Australia and receive, on the test day:
- Service Pension, Partner Service Pension, Income Support Supplement or Veteran Payment
- Disability Pension (separate to the $6.20 fortnightly payment)
- Special Rate Disability Pension
- Permanent Impairment compensation (including lump sum payments taken in the past)
- War Widow(er)’s Pension or Wholly Dependent Partner payment
- Gold Cards, Commonwealth Seniors Health Cards and Pensioner Concession Cards
- Age Pension paid by DVA.
The additional payments build on support the Australian Government has provided to the veteran community, which so far includes:
- one-off payments of $750 in March and July 2020
- reduced deeming rates for income support payments
- the Coronavirus Supplement paid to eligible Education Schemes students
- support through the JobKeeper payment that helps to keep veterans and their families in paid employment.
There is no need to lodge a claim, but you should ensure that DVA has your correct bank details and address. To make sure your details are correct, log in to MyService or call DVA on 1800 555 254.
For more information, visit the Coronavirus information and support page of the Department of Social Services website.