Skip to Content

I am - Partner, Carer, Family Member

Bereavement assistance

Information about preparing for bereavement is available, including a Planning Ahead Kit, key forms and advice about what to do upon death. Remember, if you are the partner, dependant or carer of a deceased person who was receiving a pension from DVA, you must notify the Department as soon as possible after the death. 

Education assistance

DVA provides financial assistance, student support services, guidance and counselling services for 5 to 25 year old eligible students. This assistance is available through the Veterans' Children Education Scheme (VCES) and the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme (MRCAETS) (the Education Schemes).

Nominated Representatives

A ‘Nominated Representative’ is a third party authorised to represent a DVA client in their dealings with the department.

Nominal Rolls

The Department of Veterans' Affairs publishes nominal rolls covering conflicts in which Australia has participated since Federation. These nominal rolls list members of Australia's defence forces who served during a particular conflict. 

Pension rates

All current pension rates are available online at MyAccount. These rates are updated on 20 March and 20 September each year and include the Clean Energy Supplement.

Open Arms

Open Arms provides free and confidential, nation-wide counselling and support for war and service-related mental health conditions, such as posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, sleep disturbance and anger.

Additional Family Support

Additional services that might be available to you if you are eligible for the Family Support Package under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004 (MRCA).


DVA recognises the important role carers play in providing valuable support and help to those who are unable to care for themselves. The care many veterans and war widows and widowers provide to others is also valued by DVA.

Average: 2.8 (20 votes)