Health and wellbeing is a concern of all DVA clients.
The National Health Services Directory (NHSD) provides general health service information such as location, opening hours and contact details for general practices, pharmacies, hospitals and emergency departments.
To get started:
- Click on one of the four service types to search General Practice, Pharmacy, Emergency Department or Hospital services or;
- Click on ‘Advanced Search’ to find more search options including:
- Searching by keywords such as allied health, optometry, diabetes, carer
- Searching for bulk billing or telehealth enabled services
- Searching for services with specific facilities such as wheelchair access, free parking, accessible toilets, TTY
- Select any or all of the filter options to further refine your search results.
- Type in where indicated, the suburb or postcode for the area you are searching.
- Select the Search button to display your results.
IMPORTANT: You will need to contact the service provider to confirm they can see you under DVA arrangements.
After hours GP helpline
The after hours GP helpline operates at night, on weekends and public holidays.
When you call the after hours GP helpline, you first speak with a registered nurse who will assess your needs. Based on your symptoms at the time of the call, the registered nurse may transfer your call to a GP for health advice and support.