On this page
What is the Veteran Card
The Veteran Card is a redesign of the DVA White, Gold and Orange cards. There are no changes to entitlements or the services you can access with these cards.
The Veteran Card provides businesses the opportunity to offer concessions and benefits to veterans in recognition of their service.
The Veteran Card is part of the Australian Defence Veterans' Covenant.Back to top
Who can receive it
You are eligible for a Veteran Card if you:
- have an existing DVA White, Gold or Orange card as a veteran
- are the dependant of a veteran and you have your own DVA Gold Card
- are a current or former member of the Australian Defence Force (ADF), including reservists, with at least one day of continuous full-time service (CFTS)
- are a reservist who can access free mental health care
- are a reservist with an accepted service-related injury or condition
What you can receive
The benefits you can get with a Veteran Card will depend on the colour of your card. Find out what entitlements you may have with a:
Your card will also provide a way for the Australian community to recognise and connect with veterans and acknowledge your service to the nation.
Veteran Card holders can get access to discounts and benefits from participating businesses, via the Australian Partners of Defence (APOD). It is up to each business or organisation to decide what concessions and benefits they will give you.
Find additional concessions in your state or territory.Back to top
How to get your Veteran Card
If you have an existing card, you will automatically receive your new card before your current card expires.
You can view a digital version of your new Veteran Card through your MyService account.
Existing clients with no DVA White, Gold or Orange Card
If you do not currently have a card, you can request the Veteran Card through MyService.
If you are a new client, you need to apply online through MyService.Back to top
Things you should know
- When you apply for a Veteran Card, we will also let you know if you have access to free mental health treatment, if ever required.
- When you apply for a Veteran Card, we will also check your eligibility for the Veterans Supplement.
- The Lapel Pin and the Oath are also part of the Australian Defence Veterans' Covenant.