Carer support from other agencies

Last updated: 
6 April 2020

What other carer support is available

In addition to the respite care we provide you may be able to access a range of carer support from other agencies.

My Aged Care

My Aged Care offers a range of help at home that may not be available through Veterans' Home Care. If you need a break from your caring duties they can help you access:

My Aged Care also offer Home Care Packages.

You can find more details on the My Aged Care website or by calling them on 1800 200 422.

Carer Gateway

Carer Gateway is an information portal that provides support and helps carers connect with services, including access to respite care.

You can contact the Carer Gateway on 1800 422 737 or visit the  Carer Gateway website.

Carers Australia

Carers Australia represents carers and can provide you with:

  • information
  • support
  • education
  • training
  • counselling

You can visit the Carers Australia website or call them on 1800 242 636.


Centrelink offers financial support for carers through the:

You can find more information on the Department of Human Services website or by calling Centrelink on 132 717.

The Department of Social Services (DSS) and the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA)

The Department of Social Services (DSS) offers support for carers through a range of programs and services. A detailed list can be found on their website.

The NDIA is responsible for rolling out the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)

DSS is transitioning some of their carer support programs and services to the NDIS. More information about the transition to the NDIS can be found on the DSS website.