Home and care

Last updated:
  • Aged and  community care

    DVA provides a variety of in-home and community support programmes focused on assisting you to continue living independently by supporting your health, well being, and community connection.


  • Education schemes

    DVA provides financial assistance, student support services, guidance and counselling services for 5 to 25 year old eligible students. This assistance is available through the Veterans' Children Education Scheme (VCES) and the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme (MRCAETS) (the Education Schemes).


  • Homelessness — DVA and Ex-Service Organisation support

    Apart from residential care, DVA does not provide housing or accommodation services, but may be able to provide some support and assistance to veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.


  • Housing and accommodation

    This section contains information about housing and accommodation.


  • Navigating Aged Care

    Aged care encompasses daily living and nursing care services provided to older Australians who either need help to live at home or can no longer live independently.


  • Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP)

    If you hold a Gold Veteran Card or a Veteran White Card, you can access aids or appliances to help you maintain independence in your home through the Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP).


  • Travel for Treatment

    DVA provides eligible persons and their medically required attendants assistance with their transport when travelling for approved medical treatment.


  • Veterans' Home Care (VHC)

    Veterans' Home Care  (VHC) is designed to help you continue living at home by providing a small amount of practical help.

Was this page useful?
Please tell us why you selected 'Yes'?
Please tell us why you selected 'No'?