Diabetes information and services
This page provides information for health professionals to support them in the treatment of DVA clients living with diabetes.
What information is available
Health professionals can refer to the following resources:
- Veterans' Medicines Advice and Therapeutic Education Services (Veterans’ MATES)
A service that gives information to improve the use of medicines and related health services, including diabetes management.
- Repatriation Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (RPBS)
A pharmaceutical scheme for authorised health professionals to prescribe medicine and wound care items for eligible Veteran Card holders at the concession rate.
- Veterans’ Affairs Pharmaceutical Advisory Centre (VAPAC)
A 24/7 hotline for health professionals to get medicine advice and arrange RPBS authority prescriptions. Call VAPAC on 1800 522 580.
- Veterans’ Health Check
A custom tool for GPs to assess a veteran’s physical and mental health.
- Coordinated Veterans’ Care (CVC)
A proactive care coordination program for GPs to help eligible Veteran Card holders living with a chronic condition.
- Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP)
A program for health professionals to prescribe diabetes products for eligible Veteran Card holders and have them delivered to their home.
- Medical Grade Footwear
A program for health professionals to prescribe clinically appropriate medical grade footwear.
- National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS)
This scheme helps Australians to access subsidised diabetes products and gives advice and support to live well with diabetes.
- Diabetes support services – Information for DVA clients
Information for DVA clients diagnosed with diabetes.
- Diabetes Australia
Information and resources for Australians living with diabetes.