The allowance is a fortnightly payment for eligible veterans with an accepted service-related injury or condition who have been awarded certain decorations.
You may receive the allowance if you get a Disability Pension. A regular payment to compensate you for conditions that were caused or made worse by your service and were awarded any of the following decorations:
- Victoria Cross
- George Cross
- George Medal
- Distinguished Service Order
- Distinguished Service Cross
- Military Cross
- Distinguished Flying Cross
- Distinguished Conduct Medal
- Conspicuous Gallantry Medal
- Distinguished Service Medal
- Military Medal
- Distinguished Flying Medal
- Medal of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (Military Division) (1919-1958), and with Gallantry Emblem (1958-1974)
- Victoria Cross for Australia
- Star of Gallantry; or
- Medal for Gallantry
Or during warlike operations you were awarded any of the following:
- Cross of Valour
- Star of Courage; or
- Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (Military Division)
You can receive $2.10 per fortnight.
We will determine your eligibility from the information on your file. If you think you are eligible for the allowance you can claim by contacting us.
Veterans’ Entitlements Act 1986
Coordinated Veterans’ Care (CVC) social assistance
A one-off, short-term intensive social assistance service to support you to engage with community activities.
Services may be provided to you if you’re unable to manage household tasks due to an accepted disability.
Medically required care may be provided to you following an acute hospital admission.
Veterans’ Home Care
We may provide services at home to help you stay independent.