Clothing Allowance helps with the cost of wear and tear or damage to clothing caused by service-related injury or illness. Damage may be caused by treatment.
You may be able to receive the allowance if you get a Disability Pension for a specific war or Defence caused incapacity.
The allowance is paid at a low, middle and high rate. The rate you get depends on your service-related injury or condition.
The allowance rates range from $6.70 to $14.50 per fortnight.
Complete an Application for Clothing Allowance and send by post or claim through MyAccount/MyService.
- Amputation of a foot is deemed to be an amputation of a leg.
- Amputation of a hand is deemed to be an amputation of a arm.
- If you need to use a crutch or crutches in addition to an artificial aid, you may get the higher rate of Clothing Allowance.
- You may lodge additional claims to get the higher rate if your condition worsens.
- Payment of this allowance is not included as income for Income Support Pension purposes.