Review of a MEPI decision
If we make a decision about reimbursing your out-of-pocket expenses for medical treatment or aids and appliances that you do not agree with, you can ask us to review that decision.
Back to top
Reimbursement under MEPI
Our Medical Expenses Privately Incurred (MEPI) page has information about how to claim for reimbursement and what expenses can be considered.Back to top
Review of a Reimbursement under MEPI
If you do not agree with a decision we have made under the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) and DVA Allied Health Fee Schedules (for example, we did not reimburse you, or the amount you thought you should receive was less than your expense/s), you can ask us to reconsider our decision.
A request to reconsider must:
- be in writing (such as in a letter or in the General Enquiries form)
- set out the grounds on which the request is made (for example, “I am requesting a review because…”)
- provide any additional clinical information from your treating provider that may be relevant.
Please note, decisions made on treatment requests cannot be reviewed by the AAT or VRB as they are not appealable decisions. Rather, DVA offers the above avenue for review.Back to top
For more information about your out-of-pocket medical expenses, email medtreat [at] dva.gov.au or call us on 1800 VETERAN (1800 838 372).
If you have a complaint or wish to provide us feedback you can:
- email us at medtreat [at] dva.gov.au
- call us on 1800 VETERAN (1800 838 372).
You can also provide feedback by:
- sending an email to feedback [at] dva.gov.au
- calling 1800 VETERAN (1800 838 372) to make an appointment at one of our offices.
If you need to, you can send written feedback to:
Feedback Management Team
GPO Box 9998 Brisbane QLD 4001