NOTE: It is anticipated that the SYV grants will officially open early May 2017. The information below is provided in draft to give Ex-Service Organisations time to consider potential projects and initiatives and to commence completing an application form.
The Supporting Younger Veterans (SYV) grants program supports the needs of younger veterans as they leave the Australian Defence Force and integrate back into civilian life, with all the challenges that accompany that unique transition.
The SYV grants program provides $4.25 million over five years to Ex-Service Organisations (ESOs) to encourage partnerships that will deliver innovative and sustainable services for younger veterans and build community capacity to meet the needs of younger veterans. The grants will also help raise awareness of the important issues faced by younger veterans.
There is no maximum or minimum amount that can be sought for this grants program; however, all applications will be assessed on their merit and subject to a cost benefit analysis.
Funding can be used to deliver projects and activities that:
- develop capability within the veteran community that services the unique needs of younger veterans;
- support the development of well researched and tailored services for younger veterans;
- fund organisations that can sustainably deliver services to younger veterans now and into the future;
- increase collaboration amongst organisations to expand services and harness existing expertise; and/or
- increase awareness of younger veteran issues and or services within the Australian and veteran communities, where doing so would benefit younger veterans.
Applications for this $250,000 special round of SYV grants will close in late May 2017, with successful applicants announced in June 2017.
Future rounds of the grants will allocate $1m each financial year.
Future rounds will open 1 July each year, commencing 2017, and will close 1 September each year, until 2021.
How to apply
To apply, please fill out the SYV application form (PDF 782 KB)
Before completing an application for SYV, applicants should read the SYV Grant Guidelines:
DVA staff members are available to assist with the development of applications.
Applications must be made by completing the form and returning it to DVA prior to the round closing on 26 May 2017 at:
Manager Grants Administration
Department of Veterans’ Affairs
GPO Box 9998
ADELAIDE SA 5001
For further information, please contact the Grants Section in DVA’s National Office on 1800 026 185 or email DVA.Grants.Processing.Team@dva.gov.au.