What is personal information?
Personal information is detail such as a name and address that could reasonably identify an individual. Personal information included in the following types of documents and records that we hold:
- medical or service records
- service summary
- payments history and schedules
- applications or claims made by an individual and the Department’s assessment of those applications or claims
- determination letters
- impairment reports
- records of contact with a veteran, family member or nominated representative
- documents provided to or supplied by the veteran, family member or nominated representative
There are several ways personal information may be accessed and it depends on who is seeking the personal information.