Nominated representatives

Last updated: 
11 January 2021

Representing a DVA client

A ‘Nominated Representative’ is a third party authorised to represent a DVA client in their dealings with the department.

People or organisations desiring access to a DVA client's information, or to manage their affairs, must have written consent. Most people submit their claims online. People find it quicker and easier to submit claims this way. You can submit a claim for representation through MyService. Alternatively, you can appoint a representative using DVA's form D9325 Appointing a third party to represent a DVA client.

Who can represent a DVA client?

Representatives may be partners, children, trustees, agents, or legal representatives.  They may be an organisation such as a nursing home that receives client payments.

A close friend or client’s child may hold a Power of Attorney and be recognised by DVA as a representative to make changes and arrange services.

Another type of representative is the claim representative, such as Ex-Service Organisations, who assists clients with claims.

A DVA client or their representative can request online approval for the representative.

How can a Nominated Representative help?

What Nominated Representatives can do on behalf of a DVA client depends on the representative role they have.

They may be able to simply provide information or enquire about a client’s record, or update details and request services.

Online Access for Nominated Representatives

Nominated Representatives can now get their own ‘MyAccount’ to access a DVA client’s information online.

Nominated Representatives may be able to access payment information, update details, re-direct mail, organise transport services, submit applications for reimbursements, view accepted medical conditions and initiate other DVA services.

For more information or enquiries, please contact: