National Aged and Community Care Forum
The forum will:
- be a link between ex-service organisations (ESOs), providers and the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) in the dissemination of information on health, aged and community care issues and mental and social health policy
- provide information on the current and future aged care needs of veterans and war widow/widowers and other members of the ex-service and Defence community including carers
- be a conduit for developing and proposing better practice residential and community care arrangements for the ex-service community
- influence future policy directions regarding ageing for the ex-service community
- monitor developments in the aged care industry and the aged care needs of the ex-service community, including access to residential care
- consider how DVA better supports people at home with community support.
Terms of reference (DOC 39 KB)
Membership comprises representatives from the following organisations
|Department of Veterans' Affairs - Chair
||Ms Vicki Rundle PSM, Deputy Secretary
|Department of Health
|Australasian Services Care Network
||Mr Kevin Davidson MVO OAM
|Legacy Australia Inc
||Mr Peter Lawley
|Partners of Veterans Association
||Ms Alison Bowman
|Returned and Services League of Australia
||Ms Wendy Bateman
|TPI Federation Australia
||Ms Pat McCabe OAM
|Vietnam Veterans Association of Australia
||Mr Michael Benyk
|Vietnam Veterans' Federation of Australia
||Mr Ward Gainey
|Australian War Widows Inc.
||Ms Jenny Gregory
Departmental representation will be available as appropriate.
The NACCF meets three times per year.
To contact the NACCF Secretariat, please email Aged.CommunityCareForum [at] dva.gov.au