Grants-In-Aid are for projects and activities that:
- encourage cooperation and communication between the ex-service community, ex-service organisations and the Australian Government
- encourage cooperation and communication between national ex-service organisations and their branches, sub-branches and affiliated organisations, and/or
- support their branches, sub-branches and affiliated organisations in providing advocacy services to the veteran and defence communities.
National ex-service organisations can apply for Grants-In-Aid if they:
- perform the functions of an national representative body
- have direct links to with the ex-service community, and
- aim to benefit the welfare of its members.
To apply for a Grant-In-Aid, use the Community Grants Hub.
For more information about the Hub, see the Community Grants Hub on the DVA's website.
The Grant Opportunity Guidelines and information about how to apply are available on the Community Grants Hub.
To receive an email when grants are open for applications, go to the Community Grants Hub and select 'Subscribe for updates'.
Assistance can be obtained through the Community Grants Hub. Phone 1800 020 283 or send an email to support [at] communitygrants.gov.au.
If you think you may need help please ask early. This means any problems can be sorted out in time for your application to be considered for funding.
For information on approved grants see Approved grants.