Two categories of administrative item are eligible for grants. These categories, and the items which fall within these categories, are listed below.
All requested items must clearly address the Program Objectives in order to be considered eligible for funding.
Capital Equipment Administrative Items
- Computer equipment related to pensions, advocacy and welfare work.
Desktop, laptop (each with 3 year warranty), DVD burner, printer, Multi Function Device (MFD), Fax Machine, scanner, surge protector, computer network equipment.
- Computer Software:
Anti-virus and security software annual licence, Microsoft Version Upgrades (with DVA approval), application tools (e.g. MS Office), fire wall software. Note: ESOs are entitled to purchase education versions of software.
- Office Equipment and Office Furniture:
Filing cabinet, desk and chair, meeting table, visitor chairs, bookcase.
- Reference Material:
Related reference books and medical information that is available via print and online (e.g. MIMS).
All capital equipment purchases must be recorded in an Equipment Register. (Clause 14 of the BEST Guidelines).
Non-Capital Equipment Administrative Items
Examples of expenses that would be eligible for BEST funding include:
- answering machines, bookcases, brochure holders, chairs, tables
- filing cabinets, compactus
- computer hardware, scanners, tablets, appropriate computer software
- white boards, printing and printer supplies.
Reimbursement for travel, only within the local area for any of the following reasons; pensions, welfare and advocacy work, travel to nearby VRB and AAT hearings and travel to TIP training courses.
Travel should be calculated at the rate of 36 cents per kilometre when practitioners use their own motor vehicles (subject to the travel exclusions listed at Clause 8 of the BEST Guidelines). A Travel Log detailing the kilometres travelled, purpose of journey, date(s) of travel and attributed costs for each journey will be required.
For further guidance on eligible expenditure, see Appendix A of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
BEST Funds are not available for:
- utility costs covering electricity, gas, water etc.;
- the cost of leasing premises (including rent) or purchase of real property;
- council rates;
- office expenses and fees including insurance, advertising expenses, audit fees and bank fees;
- any travel costs beyond the local district where the organisation operates or has its usual place of business;
- legal consultation costs, including litigation; and
- air conditioning units, televisions or refrigerators.
For further guidance on eligible expenditure, see Appendix A of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines