Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation (Defence-related Claims) Regulations 2019 (the DRCA Regulations 2019)
The DRCA Regulations 2019 commenced on 1 October 2019.
The DRCA Regulations 2019:
- prescribe an index for determining the appropriate amount of compensation for ex-employees in relation to increases in normal weekly earnings
- set out provisions for the method of calculating the increase in earnings including after an entitled person ceases employment
- prescribe appropriate officers for the purposes of relevant definitions in the DRCA
- prescribing additional health professionals who can provide medical treatment as defined in the DRCA, and
- repeal the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Regulations 2002 as in force for the purposes of the DRCA, under item 63 of Schedule 1 to the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Legislation Amendment (Defence Force) Act 2017.
The DRCA Regulations 2019 were drafted in line with the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Regulations 2019 that were made by the Department of Jobs and Small Business and commenced on 28 March 2019.