Pay and conditions
The DVA Enterprise Agreement 2019–2022 (EA) sets out the entitlements for DVA employees. The EA will continue to operate past its nominal expiry date of 24 February 2022 with adjustments to salaries and allowances in 2022, 2023 and 2024 provided under the DVA Non-SES Employees Determination 2021 (PDF 800 KB).
DVA graduates will be engaged at the APS3/Graduate APS classification and paid at the first pay point of the APS4 classification.
Once a graduate has successfully completed the graduate program, they will automatically be advanced and salary progressed to the top pay point of the APS4 classification.
DVA offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- allowance for relocation to Canberra to take part in the Graduate Program
- flexible working hours and conditions to help you balance work and personal life
- generous superannuation provisions
- salary sacrifice arrangements
- ongoing development and training opportunities
- outstanding work-life balance, including a healthy lifestyle allowance
- four weeks' annual leave per year
- up to 18 days of personal leave each year to use for personal illness and caring for ill or injured family members
- access to studies assistance program (after the graduate year).
For more information on pay and conditions, see the DVA Enterprise Agreement 2019–2022. and the DVA Non-SES Employees Determination 2021 (PDF 800 KB).