We are making it easier for you to use this site and to contact us.
Back to top
Accessibility on this site
We must comply with the Disability Discrimination Act 1992.
Under this Act, we must:
- ensure that people with disability can access online information and services
- make online resources accessible to people who have technical constraints, such as older browsers and lower speed internet connections.
This site should work on all commonly used browsers. It will also work with all commonly used accessibility hardware and software. It will scale it to both higher and lower resolutions. Our page on Resizing text will talk you through changing the text on our site.
Some documents provided are in formats other than HTML, such as PDF documents and forms. If you can't access these, contact us and tell us what you need.Back to top
To print pages:
1. Select the 'print' icon at the top of the page.
2. Select your printer from the destination menu.
3. Select 'print'.Back to top
We offer some phone services to make it easier for you to contact us.
The Translation and Interpreting Service (TIS National) can help you speak to us in your own language.
You can call TIS National 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 131 450. This service is free.
When you call, please give the TIS operator:
- our name (DVA)
- our phone number (1800 VETERAN or 1800 838 372)
- your DVA file number.
Hearing or speech impairment assistance
You can use the National Relay Service (NRS) to communicate with us if you find it hard to hear or speak on the phone.
You can also use the NRS to contact your local emergency services (triple 000).
To sign up and start using the service, you can either:
- register online
- download a registration form
- download the NRS app from your app store
- call the NRS Helpdesk on 1800 555 660.
Because of COVID-19, you can only visit our VAN offices if you make an appointment. Call 1800 VETERAN (1800 838 372) to book your appointment.Back to top
A nominated representative is a person or organisation who can talk with and act with us on your behalf. They can also receive your payments on your behalf.
Visit our page to Nominate someone to act on your behalf or to learn more about the different types of representation.Back to top