The DVA ICT, workforce and financial strategies set out a plan to ensure DVA has the capabilities and resources required to enable the organisation to fulfil its purpose. The strategies set out a number of objectives to help DVA manage its changing environment and challenges as well as supporting the organisation to address opportunities. DVA’s organisational capability will be improved through the:
- Design of a DVA transformation program to support the organisation to achieve a more client-focused and responsive organisation, efficiently delivering high-quality, connected services, to all generations of clients.
- Services that will be geared toward smarter delivery, better access to services, in line with the whole-of-government ICT and digital services strategies.
- Development of smarter interfaces to sit over existing legacy systems, until such time as they can be replaced.
- Efficiencies gained through Commonwealth partnering as well as community and industry collaboration.
- Building the capabilities our leaders will need to lead people into the future.
- Creating a rewarding, responsive and high-performance environment.
- Investing in our learning.
- Being a diverse organisation people want to join and stay a part of.
- Increased focus on change management strategies to lead staff through a concentrated period of reform.
- Enabling financial management practices that will seek to manage and maintain DVA’s financial sustainability and assist in meeting service delivery requirements and the Government’s commitment.
- Continue to seek sustainable practices that include efficiencies through the whole-of-government agenda, including contestability, digitisation and shared service delivery.
- Identify areas for process improvement to enable DVA’s ability to focus on being responsive and client-focused.