Contact details for service providers
Below is a list of numbers and details that may assist you with enquiries;
Telephone: 133 254
Website: www.dva.gov.au see the Service Provider section for more details.
Provider enquiry phone numbers
• 1300 550 457 (metropolitan areas)
• 1800 550 457 (non-metropolitan areas)
When calling this number there are a range of options to be selected from. The following should indicate what assistance is available at each extension:
Option 1: for Rehabilitation Appliances Program press 1
Option 2: for Home Care and Community Nursing press 2
Option 3: for prior approvals, eligibility checks and provider registration press 3. This will provide more options:
Option 1: for prior approvals, eligibility checks, and all general Medical & Allied Health queries press 1
Option 2: If you wish to register as a Neuropsychologist, Optical Dispenser or Orthoptist, press 2.
Option 3: For all other Provider Registrations press 3.
Medicare Claims Enquiry Line: 1300 550 017
Follow the voice prompts. Claims are processed on DVAs behalf by Medicare Australia when providers have queries regarding payment status they should call this number
• 1300 550 455 (metropolitan areas)
• 1800 550 455 (non-metropolitan areas)
• 1800 552 580 - general prescriptions query.
• 1800 500 869 – Medicines Advice and Therapeutic Education Services (MATES) program