The new DVA fee schedules are now available on the DVA website.
Fees effective 1 November 2012 - updated 1 May 2013.
This section provides the latest fee schedules for:
Use the navigation menu on the left of the screen to go to relevant fee schedules.
Realigning indexation of the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) to align with the financial year
As a result of a decision in the 2013-14 Budget, the indexation of the MBS is being realigned with the financial year, 1 July.
Department of Veterans’ Affairs fee arrangements
The changes to align indexation of the MBS will apply to all services listed in the following DVA fee schedules:
- Local Medical Officer Fee Schedule
- Derived Fees – Ready Reckoner for Local Medical Officers
- Repatriation Medical Fee Schedule
- Relative Value Guide Fee Schedule
- Optometrist Fees For Consultations
Indexation for Department of Veterans’ Affairs health care services not listed above will occur as usual.
This measure will have no impact on those MBS items which are not subject to indexation. The MBS items that are not subject to indexation are as follows:
- Group A2 (other non-referred attendances)
- item 173 in Group A7 (acupuncture)
- items 598 and 600 in Group A11 (urgent attendances after hours)
- Group A19 (PIP incentive payments, other nonreferred)
- Group A23 (other nonreferred after hours attendances)
- items 15700, 15705, 15710, 15800 and 15850 in Group T2 (Radiation oncology)
- Groups I1-I5
- Diagnostic Imaging, and
- Groups P1-P11 and P13 Pathology.