This section contains information about rehabilitation related research activities.
DVA is committed to providing rehabilitation services based on best practice principles. These principles are:
- Care and respect for the client is paramount;
- Early intervention processes and practices must operate;
- Whole of person rehabilitation needs must be addressed;
- The client, and their significant other, must be actively involved in the development of an appropriate rehabilitation plan/ program with realistic goals;
- All stakeholders must be actively involved in an effectively coordinated plan/ program of activities; and
- Rehabilitation plans must be focused on outcomes.
Rehabilitation Research is currently focussed on addressing best practice improvement in DVA's rehabilitation model including services, reporting and outcome measures. The focus of research activities is consistent with DVA's Rehabilitation Framework.