Skip to Content

I am - War Widow

Managing your pension

You and Your Pension is a guide provided to income support pensioners including service pensioners, social security age pensioners (paid by DVA), and war widows and widowers who receive the income support supplement. 

Health Cards

DVA issues health cards to eligible veterans and former members of Australia's defence force, their widows/widowers and dependants. There are different eligibility requirements for each type of card. 

Pension rates

All current pension rates are available online at MyAccount. These rates are updated on 20 March and 20 September each year and include the Clean Energy Supplement.

Open Arms

Open Arms provides free and confidential, nation-wide counselling and support for war and service-related mental health conditions, such as posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, sleep disturbance and anger. 

Veterans' Home Care

Veterans' Home Care (VHC) is designed to help you continue living at home by providing a small amount of practical help.

Additional Family Support

Additional services that might be available to you if you are eligible for the Family Support Package under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004 (MRCA).


Vetaffairs is distributed to more than 250,000 members of the veteran and ex-service community and has been mailed out to clients since 1998. It provides regular, up-to-date information of interest to the veteran community, including important information about government policies, programs and initiatives. 

War widows pension

War widows pension is paid under the Veterans’ Entitlements Act to compensate widowed partners of veterans who have died as a result of war service or eligible defence service. War widow(er)’s pension and orphan’s pension are not affected by other income, except from other compensation payments. 

Average: 3.6 (55 votes)