The Coordinated Veterans’ Care (CVC) Program is a positive step to improve the wellbeing and quality of care for chronically ill Gold Card holders.
The program will pay General Practitioners and nursing providers to coordinate care for Gold Card holders who are at risk of hospitalisation.
Through improved community based care, the program is intended to improve the health of participants by:
- providing ongoing planned and coordinated care from your GP and a nurse
- educating and empowering participants to self manage their conditions
- encouraging the most socially isolated to participate in community activities.
For GPs and nursing providers:
A Guide for General Practice can be downloaded here and provides further information on the CVC Program, including ‘Setting Up Your Practice’, Eligibility’ and ‘How to Claim’.
Please note: There is no CVC Enrolment form or Care Plan template. Sample care plan templates can be found at http://www.cvcprogram.net.au/ and further details are provided in the Guide for General Practice.
Training Resources for GPs and Nursing Providers
- All four training modules are now online
- The Training Modules can be found at - http://www.cvcprogram.net.au/training
Veterans, War Widow/ers
Guide for General Practice
Aboriginal Health Workers
Other Health Providers
Allied Health/ Other Care
Veterans' Home Care