Make a claim

The Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) provides compensation and support for veterans and their families, for injury, disease or death which is related to service with the Australian Defence Force.

If you wish to make a claim for benefits under the Veterans' Entitlements Act 1986, Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988 or the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004, please contact DVA about completing a claim form, or see Lodging my claim

The types of claims you can make include:

  • acceptance of liability for an injury, disease or death
  • acceptance of liability for loss of or damage to medical aids
  • compensation — eg permanent impairment compensation, compensation for incapacity for work or service
  • compensation for the cost of household and attendant care, treatment and death benefits
  • applying for income support, such as service pension and income support supplement

See Types of claims for more details on what you can claim.