Use the links below to find out how to contact the Department and the different services it provides.
Hearing or speech impairment assistance
If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service (NRS):
- TTY users phone 133 677 then ask for 133 254
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 133 254
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 133 254
- TTY users phone 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 555 254
- Speak and Listen users phone 1800 555 727 then ask for 1800 555 254
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 1800 555 254
General enquiries (8am-5pm, Mon-Fri)
Telephone: 133 254
Regional callers: 1800 555 254
International callers: 61 2 6289 1133
Client call back service
If you would like DVA to call you, please send a request via the Client call back service online form.
To contact DVA by mail, please address your correspondence to:
Department of Veterans' Affairs
GPO box 9998
In your capital city
Alternatively, you may wish to contact individual DVA or VAN offices, the details of which can be found on the following pages:
Warning: please note that if you choose to use this email facility your e-mail to us may not be secure. Please do not use this link to send DVA personal information, and DVA will be unable to send any personal information via this link.
For media enquiries please contact the DVA Media Team on 02 6289 6203 or by email email@example.com.
Provider enquiry numbers:
- 1300 550 457 (metropolitan areas)
- 1800 550 457 (non-metropolitan areas)
- 1300 550 455 (metropolitan areas)
- 1800 550 455 (non-metropolitan areas)
Complaints and feedback
DVA has a strong committment to addressing the needs of our clients, ex-service organisations and service partners. For more information, visit the Complaints and Feedback page on our website.
- Currently, external parties are not able to initiate and send Sensitive e-mails via the Department of Veterans’ Affairs Secure Mail Facility. External parties are only able to respond to Sensitive e-mails sent to them by DVA.
- Further information and tips for using the Sensitive email facility and FAQs
Includes tips for viewing and replying to an Sensitive email you have received from DVA.