Terms of reference
The Western Australian Consultative Forum will:
- provide a mechanism for regular consultation and discussion between the Deputy Commissioner and Ex-Service Organisations (ESOs) to discuss systemic issues that concern the veteran and defence communities arising from the range of DVA operations including:
- operational issues
- health care including hospital and community based care
- aged care both residential and community based
- health and well-being
- income support
- emerging issues for currently serving and recently separated ADF members
- sitting as the Western Australian Treatment Monitoring Committee, monitor the access to and the quality of treatment available to entitled persons as private patients under the Veterans’ Entitlements Act 1986
- enhance the ex-service community’s understanding of DVA’s service delivery performance in Western Australia through improved communication and information sharing between DVA and the ex-service community
- assist in identifying issues that may require referral to a national-led forum e.g. the ESO Round Table for strategic issues or the Operational Working Party for day-to-day operational matters
- provide a mechanism to disseminate information about Veterans’ Affairs initiatives and Department of Defence and broader Commonwealth activities where appropriate
- provide a forum which facilitates the maintenance of an effective working relationship between ESOs, the Deputy Commissioner and DVA staff in Western Australia.
|Defence Force Welfare Association||Mr Richard Usher|
|Defence Reserves Association (WA Branch) Inc||Dr R G Cook AM RFD|
|Naval Association of Australia||Mr Ian Holthouse|
|Returned & Services League||Mr Robin Lovegrove|
|Royal Australian Air Force Association
|Mr David Peet|
|Australian Federation of Totally and Permanently Incapacitated Ex-servicemen and Women (TPI)||Mr Alan Wheatley|
|The Partners of Veterans Association of Western Australia Inc – PVAWA||Mrs Sandra Cross|
|Vietnam Veterans’ Association of Australia||Mr Richard Williams|
|Western Australian Branch of the Partners of Veterans Association of Australia Inc – WAPVA||Mrs Lesley Westlake|
|War Widows’ Guild of Australia||Ms Sue Wilson|
|Australian Special Air Service Association (WA Branch)||Mr Gerry Bampton|
|Perth Legacy||Mr Peter Eddy|
|Vietnam Veterans Peacekeepers & Peacemakers Federation of Australia WA Branch||Mr Milton Kirk JP|
The forum is chaired by the Deputy Commissioner.
The Chair has discretion to allow members to nominate a substitute attendee when considered necessary.
It is anticipated that face-to-face meetings of the State and Territory Forums will be restricted to two or three each calendar year with any additional out-of-session meetings being conducted via video or telephone conferencing as required.
A summary of each forum is available to download.