Terms of reference
The South Australian Consultative Forum will:
- provide a mechanism for regular consultation and discussion between the Deputy Commissioner and Ex-Service Organisations (ESOs) to discuss systemic issues that concern the veteran and defence communities arising from the range of DVA operations including:
- operational issues
- health care including hospital and community based care
- aged care both residential and community based
- health and well-being
- income support
- emerging issues for currently serving and recently separated ADF members
- sitting as the South Australian Treatment Monitoring Committee, monitor the access to and the quality of treatment available to entitled persons as private patients under the Veterans’ Entitlements Act 1986
- enhance the ex-service community’s understanding of DVA’s service delivery performance in South Australia through improved communication and information sharing between DVA and the ex-service community
- assist in identifying issues that may require referral to a national-led forum e.g. the ESO Round Table for strategic issues or the Operational Working Party for day-to-day operational matters
- provide a mechanism to disseminate information about Veterans’ Affairs initiatives and Department of Defence and broader Commonwealth activities where appropriate
- provide a forum which facilitates the maintenance of an effective working relationship between ESOs, the Deputy Commissioner and DVA staff in South Australia.
Membership comprises representatives of the following organisations:
|Defence Community Association||Mr Laurie Lewis|
|Defence Reserves Association||Mr Robert Atkinson|
|Defence Force Welfare Association||Mr John Wilson|
|Solider On||Mr Justin Brown|
|Legacy Club of Australia||Mr Peter Ali|
|Naval Association of Australia (SA Section)||Mrs Cheryl Fittock|
|Returned and Services League of Australia (SA Branch)||Mr Steve Trickey|
|Royal Australian Regiment Association (SA Branch)||Mr Rod Graham|
|The Association of Totally and Permanently Incapacitated Ex-Servicemen and Women (SA Branch)||Mr Mick Curry|
|The Partners of Veterans Association of Australia (SA Branch)||Mrs Helen Adamson|
|Vietnam Veterans’ Association of Australia (SA Branch)||Mr Michael Benyk|
|Vietnam Veterans’ Federation (SA Branch)||Mr Mike Hainsworth|
|War Widows’ Guild of Australia (SA Branch)||Mrs Helen Adamson|
|Australian Veterans and Defence Services Council (SA)||Mr W (Bill) Chappell|
|Veterans SA||Mr Robert Manton|
|Royal Australian Air Force Association (SA Division)||Mr W (Bill) Chappell|
|Royal Australian Air Force||SQNLDR Karyne Framand|
The forum is chaired by the Deputy Commissioner.
The Chair has discretion to allow members to nominate a substitute attendee when considered necessary.
It is anticipated that face-to-face meetings of the State and Territory Forums will be restricted to two or three each calendar year with any additional out-of-session meetings being conducted via video or telephone conferencing as required.
A summary of each forum is available to download.