Terms of reference
The Northern Territory Consultative Forum will:
- provide a mechanism for regular consultation and discussion between the Deputy Commissioner and Ex-Service Organisations (ESOs) to discuss systemic issues that concern the veteran and defence communities arising from the range of DVA operations including:
- operational issues
- health care including hospital and community based care
- aged care both residential and community based
- health and well-being
- income support
- emerging issues for currently serving and recently separated ADF members
- sitting as the Northern Territory Treatment Monitoring Committee, monitor the access to and the quality of treatment available to entitled persons as private patients under the Veterans’ Entitlements Act 1986
- enhance the ex-service community’s understanding of DVA’s service delivery performance in the Northern Territory through improved communication and information sharing between DVA and the ex-service community
- assist in identifying issues that may require referral to a national-led forum e.g. the ESO Round Table for strategic issues or the Operational Working Party for day-to-day operational matters
- provide a mechanism to disseminate information about Veterans’ Affairs initiatives and Department of Defence and broader Commonwealth activities where appropriate
- provide a forum which facilitates the maintenance of an effective working relationship between ESOs, the Deputy Commissioner and DVA staff in the Northern Territory.
Membership comprises representatives of the following organisations:
|Vietnam Veterans Association of Australia (NT Branch)||Mr Bob Shewring|
|Returned and Services League (Darwin Sub-Branch)||Mr Donald Milford, BEM|
|Returned and Services League (Palmerston Sub-Branch)||Mr Bill Simpkins|
|Royal Australian Armoured Corps Association||Mr Paul Hanlon|
|National Servicemen's Association of Australia (Darwin Branch)||Mr Ivan Walsh|
The forum is chaired by the Deputy Commissioner.
The Chair has discretion to allow members to nominate a substitute attendee when considered necessary.
It is anticipated that face-to-face meetings of the State and Territory Forums will be restricted to two or three each calendar year with any additional out-of-session meetings being conducted via video or telephone conferencing as required.
A summary of each forum is available to download.
- 28 February 2012 - meeting minutes (PDF 23KB)
28 February 2012 - meeting minutes (DOCX 11 KB)
- 22 November 2011 - meeting summary (PDF 110 KB)
- 23 August 2011 - meeting summary (PDF 124 KB)
- 1 March 2011 - meeting summary (PDF 130 KB)
- 28 September 2010 - meeting summary (PDF 22KB)
- 23 February 2010 - meeting summary (PDF 110KB)
- 5 November 2009 - meeting summary (PDF 81KB)