Terms of reference
The Australian Capital Territory Consultative Forum will:
- provide a mechanism for regular consultation and discussion between the Deputy Commissioner and Ex-Service Organisations (ESOs) to discuss systemic issues that concern the veteran and defence communities arising from the range of DVA operations including:
- operational issues
- health care including hospital and community based care
- aged care both residential and community based
- health and well-being
- income support
- emerging issues for currently serving and recently separated ADF members
- sitting as the Australian Capital Territory Treatment Monitoring Committee, monitor the access to and the quality of treatment available to entitled persons as private patients under the Veterans’ Entitlements Act 1986
- enhance the ex-service community’s understanding of DVA’s service delivery performance in the Australian Capital Territory through improved communication and information sharing between DVA and the ex-service community
- assist in identifying issues that may require referral to a national-led forum e.g. the ESO Round Table for strategic issues or the Operational Working Party for day-to-day operational matters
- provide a mechanism to disseminate information about Veterans’ Affairs initiatives and Department of Defence and broader Commonwealth activities where appropriate
- provide a forum which facilitates the maintenance of an effective working relationship between ESOs, the Deputy Commissioner and DVA staff in the Australian Capital Territory.
Membership comprises representatives of the following organisations:
|Returned & Services League of Australia NSW||Mr Peter Eveille|
|War Widows Guild of Australia||Mrs Annette Sadler|
|TPI Veterans' Association of ACT Ltd||Ms Patricia McCabe|
|Vietnam Veterans Federation of Australia (ACT)||Mr Gerard Mapstone|
|Vietnam Veterans Association of Australia (ACT)||Mr Peter Ryan|
|Defence Force Welfare Association||Mr Peter Eveille|
|Canberra Legacy||Mr Rob Connor|
|Australian Peacekeeper & Peacemaker Veterans' Association (ACT)||Vacant|
|ACT Kindred Organisation Committee||Ms Patricia McCabe|
The forum is chaired by the Deputy Commissioner.
The Chair has discretion to allow members to nominate a substitute attendee when considered necessary.
It is anticipated that face-to-face meetings of the State and Territory Forums will be restricted to two or three each calendar year with any additional out-of-session meetings being conducted via video or telephone conferencing as required.
A summary of each forum is available to download.